The Great Start to Quality Western Resource Center serves Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Osceola and Ottawa counties. If you’re looking for West Michigan daycare, our Resource Center helps families in the area with their search and local providers with improving their programs.
A recent study of Michigan providers noted that "they love watching children learn and grow". We love watching providers learn and grow. The field of early childhood is changing. We want to help you keep up with those changes.
We can support your learning and growth through:
- Local support groups - meet with other providers to network, learn together and share stories.
- Training by experienced professionals - find free training near you.
- A Lending Library - check out books and toys for children or resources for you about effective teaching, marketing your business, and more.
- A Quality Improvement Consulting - work with a Quality Improvement Consultant to improve your program.
Benefits of participating in Great Start to Quality:
- Relationships with others who share your passion and also understand child care.
- Increased reimbursement from Child Development and Care subsidy for 2, 3, 4 and 5 Star rated programs.
- Free consultation at your location to support the changes you want to make.
- Information sent to you regularly about locally available trainings.
We can help you get started with Great Start to Quality. If you are working on your Self-Assessment Survey or your program profile, we would love to help!
Along with our learning materials, our Resource Center provides information on Head Start programs in West Michigan.
If you would like to get connected to a support group, the Lending Library, a consultant or have questions, please call us at 877-614-7328!