Southwest Resource Center

There are many community resources that can be useful for parents and child care providers.

For more in-depth information on early childhood resources in your community, contact your local Great Start Collaborative:

For information on Great Start Readiness Programs in your area, contact:

For Head Start enrollment Information in your area, contact:

For questions about becoming a licensed child care provider and other licensing questions, contact:

  • The State of Michigan Licensing and Regulatiory Affairs at 517-373-1820

For questions about how to apply for child care subsidies for your child, contact your local Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Agency:

  • Allegan County DHHS at 269-673-7700
  • Barry County DHHS at 269-948-3200
  • Berrien County DHHS at 269-934-2000
  • Branch County DHHS at 517-279-4200
  • Calhoun County DHHS at 269-966-1284
  • Cass County DHHS at 269-445-0200
  • Kalamazoo County DHHS at 269-337-4900
  • St. Joseph County DHHS at 269-467-1200
  • Van Buren County DHHS at 269-621-2800

For child care providers with questions about subsidy payments, your ID or other issues with billing, contact:

  • The Central Reconciliation Unit at the Office of Great Start, Michigan Department of Education at 1-866-990-3227