The Kent Resource Center provides Kent County families with the tools to find child care in the area. Located in Grand Rapids, our lending library is available to providers and families. The Ellison Die Cutting Rooms are available for providers' use.
The Great Start to Quality Kent Resource Center serves Kent county, and is housed in the Kent ISD.
Kent Resource Center hours are Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed on weekends.
Services for Parents
- Help parents find child care and preschool by navigating the Great Start to Quality website to generate a referral list.
- Referrals to FREE 4 year-old preschool, Great Start Readiness Progream or Head Start programs.
- Get help paying for child care - Referrals to the Department of Health and Human Services to access child care subsidies.
- Lists of resources in Kent County that might meet the needs of individual families.
Services for Child Care Providers
- Professional Development trainings are offered through miregistry.org.
- Quality Improvement Specialists are available to assist child care providers and programs who want to participate in the Great Start to Quality system.
- Quality Improvement Consultants are available to provide support in improving and maintaining quality for those providers and programs participating in the Great Start to Quality system.
- Resources are available for license-exempt and licensed child care programs in our Lending Library.
- Technical Assistance is available for all providers via email or phone.
Join us on Facebook and Twitter!
A Lending Library is available to you as a free educational resource for you and your children! The Lending Library is designed to encourage and enhance the learning experience at home, school, child care and preschool. You can visit our online library system to view the resources we have to offer. Great News! Beginning Thursday, January 16, 2020, Kent Resource Center will be offering extended hours for the Lending Library. Every third Thursday of each month from 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM the Lending Library will be open for child care providers usage. The main restrooms are available for use to wash your hands before you come into the Great Start to Quality room and after you leave. You are expected to wear a face mask when you are interacting with employees and other guests.
Dates for the followng year will be on:
|March 19th||October 15th|
|April 16th||November 19th|
|May 21st||December 17th|
REMC Ellison Room
Our neighbors at the Kent ISD in the Education Service Center have Michigan's largest selection of die cuts available for your use.
Appointments recommended, call 616-447-5678.
The Ellison Die Cutting Room is located at:
2930 Knapp NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Along with our learning materials, the Resource Center provides information on Head Start programs in Kent County.
License Exempt and Home Provider Group
Meets every 3rd Thursday of each month, from September 2019 through May 2020. The location of the License Exempt Kent Group will be at Kent ISD (1800 Leffingwell NE Grand Rapids, MI), in the Multipurpose Room from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m..
Northern Kent Group
Gathers at the Sparta Township Library (80 N. Union St. Sparta, MI) on the second Tuesday of each month. The Northern Kent Group will be functioning from September 2019 through May 2020, from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
South Kent Group
Meets at the Clyde Park Church of the Nazarene (2545 Clyde Park Ave SW Wyoming, MI), on the 4th Tuesday of the month. The South Kent Group runs from September 2019 until May 2020 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Admission is FREE of charge to attend any Kent Group. Providers who attend any Kent Group will receive hours of FREE professional development hours.
Interested in learning more or wish to RSVP to any of the groups above? Please call 616-447-5678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Us on Social Media
For up-tp-date information about local happenings, free resources to add quality to your programs, marketing promotions and more, you can follow us on Facebook.