To build skills needed to work with young children and increase the quality of your learning environment, you can join a network of free Early Learning Communities (ELCs) that provide:
- Free and low-cost Child Development Associate (CDA) credential support opportunities.
- High-quality early childhood development classes developed by industry-leading curriculum experts help to build new skills needed to support children’s learning and growth. Leave class with ideas you can implement immediately. These Professional Development opportunities meet licensing requirements and many are directly applicable to indicators on the Self-Assessment Survey and Program Quality Assessment (PQA).
- Peer-to-Peer networking opportunities bring providers together to meet and discuss topics that impact the way we work with young children.
- Lending Libraries offer free, high quality resources to try in your program.
- Navigators provide valuable information about additional resources that can support you, your program and the families you work with.
- We can also come to you! Our staff is equipped to host trainings on-site at your center.
Early Learning Community Locations
These are the main locations for the Early Learning Communities, however classes and activities take place throughout the tri-county area! If you do not see your city, don't worry! You can call 1-877-614-7328 for information about opportunities in your area.
Leaps and Bounds
8129 Packard Ave.
Call them at 586-619-9997 or 313-402-0802
Visit their website at www.leapsnbounds.org
Macomb Family Services
36975 Utica Road, Ste. 102
Clinton Twp., MI
Callthem at 586-226-3440 extension 269
Visit their wesbite at www.mfsonline.org
Oakland Family Services
114 Orchard Lake Road
Call them at 248-858-7766 extension 323
Visit their website at www.oaklandfamilyservices.org
Starfish Family Services
Call them at 734-727-3104
Visit their website at www.starfishfamilyservices.org