The Kent Resource Center provides Kent County families with the tools to find child care in the area. Located in Grand Rapids, our lending library is available to providers and families. The Ellison Die Cutting Rooms are available for providers use.
The Great Start to Quality Kent Resource Center serves Kent county, and is housed in the Kent ISD.
Kent Resource Center hours are Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed on weekends.
Services for Parents
- Help parents find child care and preschool by navigating the Great Start to Quality website to generate a referral list.
- Referrals to FREE 4 year-old preschool, Great Start Readiness Progream or Head Start programs.
- Get help paying for child care - Referrals to the Department of Health and Human Services to access child care subsidies.
- Lists of resources in Kent County that might meet the needs of individual families.
Services for Child Care Providers
- Professional Development trainings are offered through miregistry.org.
- Quality Improvement Specialists are available to assist child care providers and programs who want to participate in the Great Start to Quality system.
- Quality Improvement Consultants are available to provide support in improving and maintaining quality for those providers and programs participating in the Great Start to Quality system.
- Resources are available for unlicensed and licensed and registered child care programs in our Lending Library.
- Technical Assistance is available for all providers via email or phone.
Join us on Facebook and Twitter!
A Lending Library is available to you as a free educational resource for you and your children! The Lending Library is designed to encourage and enhance the learning experience at home, school, child care and preschool. You can visit our online library system to view the resources we have to offer.
REMC Ellison Room
Our neighbors at the Kent ISD in the Education Service Center have Michigan's largest selection of die cuts available for your use.
You can arrange an appointment by calling 616-365-2232.
The Ellison Die Cutting Room is located at:
2930 Knapp NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Along with our learning materials, the Resource Center provides information on Head Start programs in Kent County.
South Kent Provider Networking Group
Meets at the Wyoming Home School Building and Celebration Cinema South on the 4th Tuesday of the Month, September - May.
Free & 1.5 training hours offered.
Interested in learning more or wish to RSVP? Call 616-447-5678 or email email@example.com.